Mr Vikas Malik
Managing Common ENT Problems in Adults and Children
- ENT Consultant, Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Blackpool
- ENT Consultant, Spire Fylde Coast Hospital, Blackpool
- Associate Editor of a peer reviewed journal: BMC Ear Nose & Throat Disorders
- Honorary Senior Lecturer, Edge Hill University
North West England and Cambridge.
Managing ear conditions including hearing and balance problems, tinnitus, chronic discharging ears including cholesteatoma and ear drum perforation.
Mr Malik has a broad experience of managing common ENT problems in adults and children. He graduated from Lucknow University in India and completed a master’s in ENT. He was awarded the best candidate award. He then undertook a further three years training as a senior registrar in otology and skull base surgery. He then moved to the UK and completed the UK ENT training in North West England and Cambridge. He was awarded ‘Completion Certificate of Training’ by the UK Joint Committee on Higher Surgical Training and is on the GMC Specialist Register (GMC number 6057595).
Mr Malik was a visiting fellow at Toronto University Hospitals in Canada and Causse Ear Clinic in France, which are world-renowned centres of excellence.
- FRCS (ORL-HNS), Intercollegiate, UK - 2009
- DOHNS (Diploma of Otolaryngology and Head & Neck Surgery), UK - 2005
- MRCS (Intercollegiate), UK - 2004
- MNAMS (Membership of National Academy of Medical Sciences), India - 2003
- Diplomat of National Board (ORL-HNS), India - 2001
- Masters in Surgery (ORL-HNS), Lucknow, India - 2000
- MBBS, Lucknow, India - 1997
- Fellow Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Member of Meniere’s Society
- Member of British Tinnitus Association
- Member of British Society of Otology
- Member of ENT-UK
- Member of Medical Defence Union
- Member of Facial Plastics Surgery UK
Mr Malik has a keen interest in research and has published widely and presented in several national and international conferences. He has been recently involved in several UK multicentre and international trials including trials for interventional treatment for tinnitus, glue ear and hearing loss. He also has an interest in the area of ear problems, hearing loss, facial weakness, endoscopic sinus surgery and paediatric ENT issues. He has published widely and has more than 30 publications. He has also presented in several international and national meetings and conferences.
Mr Malik has a particular interest in medical education. He is the ENT lead for medical education in trust and is a member of Surgical Training Committee for ENT Higher Surgical Trainees at Health Education North West.
He teaches and trains medical undergraduates as well as postgraduates. He is educational supervisor for higher surgical trainees & core surgical trainees in ENT at Blackpool Victoria Hospital. He is also Honorary Senior Lecturer in Edge Hill University and teaches on the ENT MCh course run by the university. He is actively involved in simulation based training for medical undergraduates & postgraduates.
- Team award: ‘Best Practice Event Award’ for improving surgical division handover, WWL NHS Foundation Trust, Jun 2014
- Team award: Lister Symposium Award, Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh for the project ‘Small Changes: Better Outcomes – Mission to reduce infection following middle ear surgery’, WWL NHS Foundation Trust, Mar 2014
- Bronze badge, Quality & Safety Champion, WWL NHS Foundation Trust, Jul 2013
- Honorary Senior Lecturer, Edge Hill University, 2012 onwards
- Ethicon Foundation Short Term Clinical Visit Grant, Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, 2012
- TWJ Causse Clinic Travel Grant, TWJ Foundation, 2012
- Karl Storz Fellowship, Skull Base World Congress, 2012
- Forth Medical Travel Grant, Amsterdam, 2012
- Kenneth Bloor Travel Scholarship, Manchester Medical Society, 2010
- Best cadaveric dissection, Wrightington ENT Dissection Course, 2007
- Best Candidate - Masters in Surgery (ENT) examination, Lucknow, India, August 2000
- MBBS (Honors), Lucknow, India, 1995